I know you are probably tired of hearing the news reports of all of the cases and deaths as a result of people affected by coronavirus. It's bad, and it is really sad to watch this day in and day out but knowledge is power and it is important to know about this virus that is claiming so many lives.
According to the ETNT Health, here are 5 warning signs of COVID-19 in your lungs:
- Determine the level of sickness. There are different levels of illness when it comes to coronavirus. Most people are asymptomatic, meaning they don't even realize they have the virus because they don't have any symptoms. Others have mild infection where the person feels okay but something is not quite right. Then there is the moderate disease, where an individual is sick and it shows. The next level is severe which may require hospitalization, and finally the critical level where a ventilator may have to be used to keep a person breathing.
- Cough begins to get worse. Having a dry, irritable cough begins to increase and then there are bouts of coughs several times a day.
- Breathing becomes difficult. If breathing is hard with daily activities such as eating or drinking, medical treatment is necessary.
- Fatigue and exhaustion sets in. If normal activities like taking a shower or getting out of bed seem too much, then something is wrong. This is a sign of a viral load in the body.
- Lips, toes and fingers are a blue color. Seek medical attention immediately. When those extremities turn blue that is called cyanosis and is an indication of poor lung function.
Let me give you another reminder to quarantine, that is one of the most effective ways to contain the virus until a vaccine is approved. Be safe and I wish you good health!