King Charles reportedly told Prince Harry that “it wasn’t right” for Meghan Markle to come to Balmoral as Queen Elizabeth II was dying.
Early Thursday, the Palace announced that doctors were “concerned” about the 96-year-old’s health and were putting her under “medical supervision.” In response, members of the royal family rushed to Scotland to be by the monarch’s bedside in her final moments.
“Charles told Harry that it wasn’t right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time,” a source told The Sun.
Enlarge ImageKing Charles III allegedly nixed Meghan Markle coming to the Queen’s deathbed, a new report claims.
POOL/AFP via Getty Images
“It was pointed out to him that Kate [Middleton] was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family.”
The source added that Prince Charles – now King Charles III – “made it very, very clear Meghan would not be welcome.”
As Page Six previously reported, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were originally planning to travel together to see the Queen. Half an hour later, news broke that Harry would actually be traveling solo.