Bitterly cold temperatures are expected over the next few days in Chicago and there are warming centers available to those who need them. It is important that during this bitter cold you check on the elderly, children and those with disabilities. I also encourage you to do well-being checks on your neighbors too.
Following is a list of warming centers that provide water, face coverings and blankets if necessary. According to officials the centers are clean, warm and safe, each adhering to COVID-19 protocol. They also provide security.
The are 10 warming center locations in Cook County; six locations in Chicago are on the north, south and west sides. For more information call 311.
- Englewood Community Service Center, 1140 W. 79th Street
- Garfield Community Service Center, 10 S. Kedzie
- Dr. Martin Luther King Community Service Center, 4314 S. Cottage Grove
- North Area Community Service Center, 7510 N. Ashland
- South Chicago Community Service Center, 8650 S. Commercial Ave.
- Trina Davila Community Service Center, 4300 W. North Avenue