Coronovirus is the topic of discussion on every news channel and on social media. Everywhere you turn, you will definitely hear something about coronavirus. And some of us may be a bit too consumed with learning about this disease, its symptoms and the affect it's having on thousands of lives across the world.
During this difficult time it is important however to stay positive and have a healthy mental health outlook on things. The World Health Organization suggests watching the news twice a day for updates about the coronavirus. Limit social media too, as many posts are about coronavirus whether negative or positive. Here are some other tips for maintaining good mental health:
- Limit drinking alcohol to a bare minimum.
- Don't smoke.
- Do some kind of exercise.
- Take a walk, walk your pet, get some fresh air.
- Listen to your favorite music or read a book.
- Enjoy family time with fun activities.
- Clean the house or do other chores.
- Gather items to donate.
- Take an online class.
- Think positively.
Practicing good mental health is very important to do on a daily basis, but it's really important especially now during these challenging times.